Sunday, February 22, 2009

Retirement Masterplan from Capt's Longhouse


This is my 53 days into retirement and in addition to signifying opportunity and challenge, retirement for me also means FREEDOM and an era in which to follow my own chosen pursuits. Again am in full control of my daily, weekly, monthly and yearly timetables, and, more importantly to choose the content !.
In retirement, there are few loftier ideals that I can pursue than passing on the knowledge, wisdom, and experience that I gleaned in my own working life.
Guess I could and actually have kind of dedicate this blog site of mine to mete out my expertise to the rest of the World in my own pirate ways.
Or just "writing my life story" as a momento to my future grandchildren.,,,,,,,,,,Who am I, What am I, and Why I am as I am ?.
Guess imparting one's wisdom needn't necessarily take the shape of a book or making a movie out of it !.
Just blogging it away as it is, may just be the most easy route for a retiree like me because it is less demanding plus do permits of one-to-one interfacing with like-minded visitors.
Guess its going to be my Personal Case Study sort of ??,,,,,,,,,with a single purpose in mind ;
Imparting what little I know for the benefit of others. Just things about I specialised at, what pearls of wisdom that I have accumulated over the years and establishing my own route for passing on knowledge.

3 comments:

  1. Captn!
    Give me your pearls of wisdom!! Boleh buat rantai tak? Gurau2 Captn!

    Yes Captn. Looking forward to more entries where you can share all sorts of experiences and knowledge in life with us!

    Thanks and have a jolly time always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama,
    In fact, I have to-date found/strike up interesting frendship with all sort of people, am unlikely ever to meet in person, and had given free advise and assitance ,,,guess this is the wonder of operating as a net person.
    My other blog "pirates of kapas island" caters more about my experience and feelings as compared to this blog which is really talking about life style at Kapas Island. The relaxing life to prevent an early heart attack so to say in this rat race World !.
    Cheers,,,Capt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Capt. Both Megan and I stayed with you on the island a few days ago and fell in love with the place. Such a perfect place to relax and unwind. There must be a way for us all to beat the rat race and find our island life, just gotta find it.

    We're posting an article on our blog about Kapas on 24th April - check it out at http://worldramblers.com

    Best wishes to you and all at the Longhouse.. It was a pleasure.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete