
To my late brother.
Perhaps in my dreams tonight.
I hope to see you standing there again.
Could you look at me with a smile
"yes indeed...Life isn't always fair"
Guess you were chosen for his garden.
Indeed, His preciously hand picked bouquet
"Almighty God calls you,
That's why I guess you couldn't stay"
It's said to be that angels
Are sent from above
I've always had my brother's angel
My late brother - whose heart was filled with brotherly love.
Wheresoever the sea meets the sky.
There will always be memories of you and I.
When I look up at that sky so blue from Kapas.
All I see are visions of you !
"Brother dearest, while there's a heart in me, you'll be a part of me."
I shall cont. to live our dream to be on our little island hideaway from the world.
I still can remember, the kid's play we had together many many moons ago when i was just 5 and you about 7.
See you in heaven...guess my time is running out and He is calling me too very soon.
Perhaps in my dreams tonight.
I hope to see you standing there again.
Could you look at me with a smile
"yes indeed...Life isn't always fair"
Guess you were chosen for his garden.
Indeed, His preciously hand picked bouquet
"Almighty God calls you,
That's why I guess you couldn't stay"
It's said to be that angels
Are sent from above
I've always had my brother's angel
My late brother - whose heart was filled with brotherly love.
Wheresoever the sea meets the sky.
There will always be memories of you and I.
When I look up at that sky so blue from Kapas.
All I see are visions of you !
"Brother dearest, while there's a heart in me, you'll be a part of me."
I shall cont. to live our dream to be on our little island hideaway from the world.
I still can remember, the kid's play we had together many many moons ago when i was just 5 and you about 7.
See you in heaven...guess my time is running out and He is calling me too very soon.
Capt.,
ReplyDeleteNice poem though the "very soon" in your last line makes me quiver with the stark realisation that our days are numbered.
Dear Sharif,
ReplyDeleteMy condolences. Al-fatihah.
Life on earth is short, it's the hereafter that's forever
ReplyDeleteThen again, hope you'll still be around when WE come a-calling ;)
guys n ladies,
ReplyDelete,,,my late brother died on 12th feb'83 an motor accident at Bangsar and i do missed him a lot !. We were like twins and our dream was to live on board an island, which am doing so !. Every sun set reminds me of him....bro. i miss you so much. But am finding lots of bro. & sis. by living here on my own.
U guys must be very closed. I supposed it's quite impossible to let go especially if he was taken so suddenly.
ReplyDeleteOne day, like u said, u'll be reunited again but not too soon lah, so live life to the fullest. There's still much to do in this mortal world.
Tommy
dear tommy,
ReplyDelete,,,we grew up together and shared a common dream !...which am living in right now.
,,,I was the officer & gentlemen and he was the hippie pirate type.
,,,Nowadays, am experiencing his lifestyle in the tourist industry and hospitality business.
,,,He was a supered tourist guide and blue's band manager then, when i was a chopper pilot and a soldier at heart. He was flower power and i was gun powder. He was at peace and I was at war. He talk things out, I bash things in. We were directly opposite in lifestyle but together as one !. He is white and am black hehehe. He was thin and gentle, i was full of solid muscles and mean. It was like day and night. We were blood brothers and we took care of each other. When I was away fighting a war, he took care of my children as his own. We both earned our living in an honest manner as taught by our dearest father. We worked very hard day in day out for every single ringgit to survive. Don't believe in hand outs or having bagger's mentality and we are very proud of our roots and Great Grand Father that sailed down from Canton, China plus also our grand mother's roots from India and royal Indon. Aceh blood in us...and also mom's Thai grand daddy.
,,,our family is Malaysian first and only !. EEErrmmm...Stupid Politics pisses me off too. hehehe.
YES indeed, i missed my late brother but nowadays am able to kind of live his lifestyle on board the island and its just great.
...pretty soon, i will pack my bags and sail away into the sun set, when my son is ready to run the show by himself.
...hihihi, i might just drop in at Down Under for an Anchor ....cheers matey !.
,,,for i have another dream to full-fill b4 i finally kick the bucket-lah. No worries, i live life to the limits, its my way or no way !.
hehehe....Guess everyone else should too ?.
You shall meet again, on a fairer green country.
ReplyDeleteSkot,
ReplyDeleteThat was the best poem that I had read apart which I gather from my school days specially for your late brother.I had imformed your at my lasting in yr blog yr English was superb,there you did it again.Nevertheless may ALLAH blessed your late brother and Alfatihah.By the way how is your pirating going at the island...
Nazzaruddin,
ReplyDelete,,,everytime i think of my late mom and brother tersebak selalu Yeop Oii !. That's how and what am I. Allah's calling and ours shall be too.....soon.
Salam.
pa, u hv done yr will? hahahaha. love u, lin
ReplyDeletedear daughter !
ReplyDelete,,,this oldman will spend every single ringgit b4 kicking the bucket hihihi and your mom is doing a great job at it right now too ! hahhhaha.
,,,if there is a will ?. eerrmm !! if not why not ?.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi Capt, Salam! Answering to this page, cos I cant find a newer one from you. Wish youre all fine. Since me German Muslim and my Malay wife met you in Oct. 2010 at Awi s place I'm dreaming of going to see you some time summer 2011 at P. Kapas. Since my wife gets so fast sea-sick it has to be a ship-on-anchorage, aka island, then. 1975 was the first time I came to Asia, working on a anchorhandling tugboat that time (till '84, meanwhile settled in S'pore {76 till 87}). Now I want to retire late 2011.
ReplyDeleteHope we meet some time soon, Capt!
Dear all ..... Many thanks for the great time we all had together in 2010 and let's look forward to the new year with a fresh start.
ReplyDelete