Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Early days and about retirement.


Capt's Longhouse has left a new comment on the post "Early Retirement? ":

Retirement is not in my vocabulary !. As long as I can earn a living i.e work for it, guess I will continue earning-lah. Its not so much for the money but rather than just staying around doing nothing, its better to work on something worth while. Being paid may not be in terms of cash, having fresh air and friends around might just be it.
Indeed, I started very early in life to earn the money for my survival, in fact at the early age of 6 years old, I was selling cat fish and bring back cash to my mother !. I was the only child that would go out into the dirty drain behind the house to hunt for cat fish !. Ikan keli was marketed at the local toddy shop by me-lah. Selling it beside some babi hutan meat sold by my friend's father in Ipoh.(Kinta Road near the main Ipoh bus station) I was so good in selling ikan keli, so much so I skipped schooling at times at the early stage. Only learning to read and write in standard 4 onwards !!!! cas. for not attending proper classes. Guess its another interesting story to write about my early days yaaaa????.

PirateKing

No comments:

Post a Comment